27 Jul Veggie Fritters
Simple. Flavorful. Healthy.
Three of my favorite things in a recipe.
And bonus, this plant-based recipe is full of protein (17g/serving), high in fiber and is great for meal prep (pop these bad boys in the toaster oven to reheat and YUM).
Wanna be extra? Top it with some cilantro sour cream and a side of sauteed mushrooms for even more protein and a fancy looking plate (I used oyster mushrooms in this photo, but portobellos are good too).
Pro tip – Double this recipe, prep the sour cream, and make a large serving of veggies and/or quinoa and you’ve got yourself lunch all week. #mealprepforthewin.
- 1 large Zucchini or 2 small
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Coconut or other high heat oil to cook
- Shred the zucchini and carrots and add to a bowl (discarding ends). Use the largest setting on a cheese grater (or other fancy shredder if you have it)
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the shredded veggies.
- Coat a pan in oil and heat to medium heat.
- Scoop a golf ball size amount of batter into the pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Great topped with Cilantro Sour Cream
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why diets and counting calories aren’t working and how they may be damaging your metabolism
- The root causes that may be slowing down your metabolism and draining your energy
- The 5 steps to improve your metabolism