01 May Cilantro Sour Cream (vegan)
Giving up dairy for me was reeeeeeaaaallly hard. But my body thanks me for it every day. After years of allergy attacks, a cough that wouldn’t go away and constant breakouts, I discovered the cause, gave up dairy, and never looked back..
But that cheese…and sour cream! Thankfully I discovered that blending nuts like cashews and almonds with water was an excellent cream substitute. Plus, they provide healthy fat and are a good source of minerals. This is a take on my standard non-dairy, vegan sour cream..but with a little twist of cilantro and lime…perfect for southwestern style salads, rice bowls, tacos, potatoes…or anything really. I tend to find myself licking the bowl of whatever this is on.
To make the southwestern lunch bowl below, I mixed together some roasted Japanese sweet potatoes, cucumbers, black beans, green onions, avocados and tomatoes over a bed of chopped kale (romaine would work well too). For a little spice, I topped it with some Siracha. YUM!
Cilantro Sour Cream (Vegan)
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water 2+ hours or overnight if you have time
- 1/3 cup water less if you want it thicker
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt more or less to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use as dressing, dipping sauce or to top veggies, tacos or meat.
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why diets and counting calories aren’t working and how they may be damaging your metabolism
- The root causes that may be slowing down your metabolism and draining your energy
- The 5 steps to improve your metabolism