04 Jan Trail Mix for Hormone Support
Hormone Imbalance Food – Trail Mix
If you’re suffering from a hormone imbalance and looking for food that can help – nuts and seeds are definitely a great place to start.
This trail mix is a super simple way to get essential vitamins and minerals that support your hormones. Not only do the nuts and seeds give you some protein and healthy fats, they also contain essential nutrients for hormone imbalance, specifically:
- Cashews for magnesium, zinc, and iron
- Walnuts for Omega 3’s, magnesium, iron, and b6
- Brazil nuts for selenium and magnesium
- Pumpkin seeds for magnesium, iron, and zinc
- Dairy-free chocolate chips for Vitamin T (treat)
The essential nutrients in these nuts and seeds have been shown to support your thyroid and healthy menstrual cycles. Getting adequate proteins and fats are also important for supporting your adrenals.
If you’re looking for a snack to support your hormones while keeping your blood sugar balanced, eating 1/4 cup of this mix with a piece of fruit is an excellent snack.
This mix is also a great way to make your oatmeal, yogurt or smoothie more nutrient dense. Just add 1/4 cup of the mix to your breakfast.
Trail mix for Hormone Support
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) without shells
- 10 brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Break the brazil nuts in half or place them in a plastic bag and use a hard object to crush them.
- If using whole walnuts or cashews, you may want to break them up in the same way if you are adding the mix to oatmeal or yogurt. You may prefer to leave them whole if eating as a trail mix.
- Add all ingredients to a glass jar, container or plastic bag to use as needed.
- If you're always on the go, split them up into 5 separate containers/bags so you can easily carry them around as a snack.
EXCLUSIVE FREE WORKSHOP
Hormone + Metabolism Reboot
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The 3 crucial steps for a healthy metabolism and balanced hormones
- How to have consistent energy and feel in control of your weight
- Why a “broken metabolism” and “cursed hormones” are a myth and what’s actually going on
- Why diets don’t work, and what to do instead