17 Dec Healthy Pumpkin Dessert
Healthy Pumpkin Dessert – Pumpkin Pie Mousse
It’s pumpkin spice everything time! I love the time of year when all of the seasonal flavors start to make an appearance. I also love creating recipes like this healthy pumpkin dessert that have all of the flavor, without a ton of sugar.
And if you find yourself wanting to eat pumpkin pie for breakfast, this healthy pumpkin dessert recipe is would make a great breakfast, topped with your favorite seeds like pumpkin and sunflower – to give it some extra healthy fat and protein which our hormones and metabolism love to have first thing in the morning.
The recipe makes about 6 small dessert servings, or 3 breakfast servings.
Healthy Pumpkin Dessert
- 14 oz firm tofu 1 block (14-16 oz)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk Unsweetened (I used soy)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 10 drops monk fruit NOW brand - may have to adjust others to taste
- chocolate chips OPTIONAL for topping
- pumpkin seeds (Pepitas) OPTIONAL for topping
- Add all ingredients (except monk fruit, chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds) to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add monk fruit sweetener to taste. I used 10 drops of NOW brand, but other brands may vary
- Top with seeds or chocolate chips if preferred.