21 May Quinoa Tabouli
Need a recipe for a summer BBQ or potluck? I’ve got you covered.
Give your friends (and yourself) a healthy option, and give yourself a break with this easy recipe. Parsley is known for helping you detox heavy metals and also helps to freshen breath (along with that mint that’s perfect for summer). The quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein and all of the fresh veggies will leave you feeling light but satisfied.
This is also a great meal to make and eat for lunch throughout the week. If you wanted to make it more filling, you could add some chickpeas (you may want to add a bit more dressing/seasoning if adding extra veggies).
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup packed parsley
- ½ cup packed mint
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup finely chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa (1/2 cup dried plus 1 cup water on medium low heat, covered, for 16 minutes or until all water is absorbed)
- Chop up parsley, mint, green onions, cucumbers and tomatoes and add them to a bowl
- Let the quinoa cool, add to the bowl and mix well
- In a small jar or bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, add to large bowl and mix well
- Option - top with segments of 2 clementines
A slow metabolism, imbalanced hormones and lack of energy are not just a part of getting older. If you get to the root cause, it is possible to feel good in your body again.
Take the quiz to find out what root causes are affecting your metabolism.