20 Oct Pumpkin Pie Delight
Pumpkin Pie Delight
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree BPA-free can
- 1 cup unsweetened Ripple milk or other non dairy milk, this one adds good protein and creaminess
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 gala apple
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds or scoop of your favorite protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 drops stevia or sweeten to your taste
- 2 tsp coconut or MCT oil
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- squeeze of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract may not be needed if using vanilla flavored milk
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Handful of greens optional for more nutrition, only minimally affects flavor
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Savor and enjoy!
During the holidays I used to be a big fan of having leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast, so in honor of that, I whipped up a yummy pumpkin pie smoothie…same flavor but much healthier! I actually took a sip and almost drank the whole thing before I got a photo…oops!
I used Ripple Milk which is made with pea protein to give it a great creamy flavor but any non-dairy milk would probably work. This smoothie is full of vitamin A, iron and calcium, and the cinnamon is great to help regulate blood sugar. There’s also plenty of fiber, protein and healthy fat to keep you satisfied. It’s a much healthier alternative to a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, and sure to hit the spot!
Like this? Sign up for my FREE Guide on "How to get Protein from Plants"