01 Nov Crunchy Cabbage Salad
When summertime rolls around, I find myself eating a LOT of salads. When it’s hot outside, the body needs something to keep it cool, and a nice crisp salad does just the trick. This recipe is tasty, but still super healthy… it’s a great source of protein and fiber and cabbage is really good for your hormones (as are other cruciferious veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower).
This salad is great on it’s own, or it makes a great side dish for a party or outside bbq. Plus- it’s pretty freakin’ simple… who doesn’t love that? If you want to get a little more adventurous, you can add raisins… I go back and forth on whether I like it better with or without.
Crunchy Cabbage Salad
For the salad:
- 1/2 head of green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- Add the cabbage and chick peas to a bowl.
- Mix all ingedients for the dressing together, then add to the bowl.
- Let sit for at least 1-2 hours or overnight. Add the almonds (and raisins if you want a little more sweetness) when ready to serve.