14 Mar Smoky Tempeh-Avocado Stacks
Sometimes you just throw together whatever is left in the fridge and it’s weird.
And sometimes you end up with this:
Crispy, creamy, smoky, full of plant-based protein and healthy fat, and super pretty on a plate. It would also be good (and extra nutritious) topped with sprouts.
Saute the thin slices like this:
Smoky Tempeh-Avocado Stacks
- Tempeh block
- 1 large or 2 small avocados
- 2 green onion stalks
- 1/3 of a red pepper
- 1 lime
- smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- coconut oil
- Cut the tempeh block in half, then cut that in half so that the block is half as thin. Cut each of those pieces into thirds (or whatever size you prefer, but definitely need to make it thinner).
- Add smoked paprika and sea salt (to taste) to a plate and dip each side of the tempeh onto the plate so you get a coat of spices.
- Heat a pan to medium heat with enough coconut oil to coat the bottom about 1/4 of an inch.
- Make sure pan is HOT. Add the spiced tempeh blocks to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Julienne the red pepper and cook on medium heat with a little oil until it starts to brown flipping occasionally.
- In a bowl, mash and mix the avocado with the garlic and salt to taste
- Julienne the green onions and cut them so they will fit on top of the tempeh pieces
- Top each tempeh piece with red peppers, the avocado mix and the green onions.
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why diets and counting calories aren’t working and how they may be damaging your metabolism
- The root causes that may be slowing down your metabolism and draining your energy
- The 5 steps to improve your metabolism