11 Jun Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars
Carrot cake for breakfast? Yes please!
Learn how to make an easy plant based breakfast in this quick one minute video (spoiler alert – dancing is also involved)
With only 15 minutes of prep, you can have breakfast for the whole week.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups steel oats
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups soy milk other non dairy milk with protein may work
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 20-25 drops liquid stevia
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut yogurt to serve optional
- Preheat oven to 350 (F)
- Shred carrots with a cheese grater on the largest setting
- Add all ingredients to a large rectangle casserole dish and whisk together until mixed
- Cook in the oven for 90 minutes or until the center feels dry and all of the liquid has been absorbed
- Let cool on the counter, then cut with a pizza cutter
- When ready to serve, reheat in a toaster oven and top with coconut yogurt
A slow metabolism, imbalanced hormones and lack of energy are not just a part of getting older. If you get to the root cause, it is possible to feel good in your body again.
Take the quiz to find out what root causes are affecting your metabolism.