25 Apr Overnight Oats
Overnight Oats Base Recipe:
- 1-1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed or almond butter
- Stevia honey or maple syrup to taste if additional sweetness is desired
Optional Fruit, Spices & Superfoods:
- 1/4 cup fruit - blueberries are best other berries are good as well (other fruit ideas: persimmons, frozen peaches or mango)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tsp maqui powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Possibilities are endless!
- Using a 16oz mason jar or tupperware container, mash the banana in the bottom with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients, put the top on and shake well until everything is blended. Use a fork or spoon if additional blending is needed.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days before.
- Grab and go! You can heat it up or eat it cold.
Many years ago I picked up a good friend of mine early in the morning and she was kind enough to make me breakfast. Being a fellow health junkie, she had prepared oatmeal…only she didn’t do it the traditional way…
By now you may have heard of overnight oats, they have infiltrated blogs everywhere, and for good reason. The first thing you eat in the morning really sets the tone for the rest of the day, so it’s important that it’s something nutritious. But who has time to make a healthy breakfast every day? And that is why this recipe is awesome. It takes 5 minutes to make the night before, and you can grab it in the morning and go, You can even make it up to 2 days in advance!
I recommend oatmeal to many of my clients because it’s a great source of protein and fiber as well as zinc, chromium, manganese, B1 and many other vitamins and minerals. Plus, by adding the right fruits and superfoods, not only can you make it a nutrient powerhouse, it also tastes really good. And that’s always a plus in my book.
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why cutting carbs, fasting, and many popular diets like Keto don’t work for women, and how they may actually be damaging your metabolism and hormones.
- How to improve your metabolism, have more natural energy and get better sleep by getting to the root cause, instead of treating each symptom with a pill.
- How to feel in control of your body again, by creating sustainable changes that support your hormones.