22 Nov Persimmon Fruit Dip
Persimmon Fruit Dip
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter unsweetened & unsalted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Fruit slices fuyu persimmons & apples recommended
- Mix all ingredients except fruit in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- If using fuyu persimmons (recommended), slice off the tops, and slice from top to bottom.
- If using apples, slice using an apple corer or cut off each half from the core and slice from the top to bottom.
- Arrange on a tray, sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) and serve!
- Sauce may be saved for up to 2 days in the fridge
Who says appetizers have to be savory? When the app table is loaded with an abundance of salty foods, this fruit dip recipe is the perfect pop of sweet to balance out your taste buds. Plus, since fruit is processed by the body much quicker than any other type of food, it really is best to eat it first. Cinnamon and ginger are also great for the digestive system and help stimulate enzymes, which we all could use a little more of before a meal.
This recipe is good year ’round, but best served in the fall, during persimmon season. Because…persimmons. YUM!
Like this? Sign up for my FREE Guide on "How to get Protein from Plants"