07 Mar Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse
Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
- 2 medium large avocados
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder or less, depending on how dark you want it
- 1/2- 1 cup non dairy unsweetened milk - depending on blender/milk thickness
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Liquid stevia or monk fruit to taste 10-14 drops is my preference
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut the avocado in half, pull out the seed and scrape the skin with a spoon (make sure you get the green part near the skin, it's the most nutritious). Add to blender.
- Add all other ingredients to blender and blend until thoroughly mixed. The texture will become nice and fluffy.
- Save the stevia/monkfruit for last and add in a few drops at a time until you reach the desired sweetness.
- Add to a bowl or dessert cup, top with raw cacao nibs for some crunch (optional)
What if I told you chocolate was good for you? Well maybe not all chocolate, but definitely the kind that’s made with raw cacao (the purest form). Raw Cacao is loaded with antioxidants, is rich in magnesium (necessary for muscle relaxation), and contains anandamide–otherwise known as the “bliss molecule”–which stimulates a post-orgasmic feeling….yes please!
But the big question is, how do you make chocolate creamy without dairy? The answer to this (and many things in my life) is…avocado! That may seem a bit weird, but avocado is actually pretty mild in flavor, so it creates a creaminess and takes on the flavor of the cacao. Avocado also adds healthy fat, fiber, B vitamins, potassium, and vitamins K, E and C.
And if you’re worried about the fat content, don’t be (read about this and other diet myths here). Healthy fats are integral for brain, nervous system and reproductive health.
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why cutting carbs, fasting, and many popular diets like Keto don’t work for women, and how they may actually be damaging your metabolism and hormones.
- How to improve your metabolism, have more natural energy and get better sleep by getting to the root cause, instead of treating each symptom with a pill.
- How to feel in control of your body again, by creating sustainable changes that support your hormones.