24 Feb Meatless Taco Lettuce Wraps
Meatless Taco Lettuce Wraps
Plant based wraps that are satisfying and delicious! Vegan taco meat filling inside naturally gluten-free lettuce wraps.
- Head of Green Leaf Lettuce
- 2 cups frozen edamame without pods
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp garlic
- 1 ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Pinch pepper
- Non-dairy ranch dressing optional
- Soak walnuts in a glass with enough water to cover them. Do this an hour before if possible.
- Add edamame and 4 cups of water to a pot and boil for 5 minutes on medium high
- Drain the edamame and walnuts and add to a blender. Pulse until broken up into a meaty texture but not completely smooth.
- Add the mixture to a bowl with all other ingredients (except lettuce and ranch) and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce leaves, one by one, and top or dip into ranch if desired.
- Mixture may be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
A slow metabolism, imbalanced hormones and lack of energy are not just a part of getting older. If you get to the root cause, it is possible to feel good in your body again.
Take the quiz to find out what root causes are affecting your metabolism.