01 Nov Kale, Avocado & Hempseed Salad
If you need a reset after eating horribly or after a crazy weekend of partying… this is the salad for you! Dates, lemons and kale are super alkalizing and can help balance out the acid in the body caused by eating unhealthily or drinking alcohol, and hemp seeds boast a ton of nutrients (I like to sprinkle these on everything from salads to smoothies for an extra boast of omega’s)
I know… raw kale is a little bit tough.. especially if you’re not used to it, but the kale in this recipe is actually softened by the avocado and it’s much easier to eat. Check out a video on how to make this here. Trust me on this one. You will, however, have to get your hands a little dirty… but I think we all need that once in awhile.
Kale, Avocado & Hempseed Salad
- Head of kale chopped with stems removed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 4 dates pitted & diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced (optional)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar acv
- 2 tbsp honey
- Add kale to a bowl with the avocado and massage the avocado into the kale until the avocado is evenly distributed and the kale softens. Your hands will get messy, that's ok!
- Add hemp seeds, dates and carrots (if you want some extra crunch).
- Mix together lemon juice, acv and honey and drizzle over the salad. Mix it up again so it's evenly distributed (you can use your hands again, I do).
Are you ready to feel good in your body again?
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why cutting carbs, fasting, and many popular diets like Keto don’t work for women, and how they may actually be damaging your metabolism and hormones.
- How to improve your metabolism, have more natural energy and get better sleep by getting to the root cause, instead of treating each symptom with a pill.
- How to feel in control of your body again, by creating sustainable changes that support your hormones.